9/17/11

Apricot-Pineapple Muffins

On Friday I was in Little Rock celebrating Grandparents' Day by having lunch at school with Ginger and Charlie. I also spent the night with them so their parents could go out to eat and go to a movie. That evening the children and I baked some fruit-filled muffins. These Apricot-Pineapple Muffins are not going to win any beauty contests, but they rank high in the taste category. The recipe is from the Busy Woman's Quick and Easy Recipes cookbook.







Apricot-Pineapple Muffins
1/3 cup very finely cut dried apricots
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup quick-rolled oats

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a muffin pan by spraying with nonstick cooking spray or use paper liners. With a mixer, cream butter and sugar; add egg and pineapple and beat well. Add flour, baking soda, salt, and oats; mix well. Fold in apricots. Spoon into prepared muffin pan. Bake for 20 minutes. Makes 12 muffins.

Bake muffins for 20 minutes.


These muffins may look pretty plain on the outside . . .


. . . but with the oats, apricots, and pineapple, there's a lot going on inside these muffins.


5 comments:

  1. OOO, yummy...these sound and look delicious.

    Thanks for coming by..I am thrilled to find another cooking blog. I love cooking, but I am not what I consider A COOK...I sure love getting good recipes, tho, and have found some really great ones here in Blogland.

    I am signing up to follow...hope you come back to see me soon.
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anita these look amazing and nice!! gloria

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love apricots & pineapple so will definitely try this one. I thought I was already a follower and didn't see "me" so I signed up again. Thanks for sharing!

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. These muffins look SO tasty! Love the combination of pineapple and apricots...don't think I've ever used that before but it sounds absolutely terrific! :)

    ReplyDelete