Sunday, September 25, 2011

Cheesy Cocktail Muffins

Our weather was cool and damp in northeast Arkansas today, perfect for a bowl of Savage Chili, so I paired it with a new muffin recipe. When my friend Bonnie gave me this recipe she told me that at her house they enjoyed these Cheesy Cocktail Muffins with soup or chili, so I had been waiting for the summer heat to ease up so I could make some fall fare with these little muffins.



Cheesy Cocktail Muffins
1 3/4 cups butter (1 1/2 sticks)
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup sour cream
2 cups self-rising flour
2 tablespoons chopped chives or green onions
Fresh jalapeno pepper (to taste), finely chopped and seeded (optional)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Melt the butter over low heat. Slowly add cheese until melted (about 2 minutes). Stir in sour cream, then add flour; mix well. Stir in chives or green onions and jalapeno pepper. Fill ungreased mini muffin pan cups 2/3 full. Bake in preheated oven for 15 - 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Pop out of muffin pan. Makes about 48 mini muffins.


I used 1/2 of a  chopped jalapeno pepper in my muffins, and it was not too hot for me, it fact, next time I think I'll add the whole pepper.


These little muffins have a lot of flavor packed into the tiny bites with sour cream, cheddar, green onion, and jalapeño pepper. Thanks, Bonnie, for a great recipe, these Cheesy Cocktail Muffins were perfect with the chili.

3 comments:

  1. These do sound good to serve with soups this fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious and what a great addition with chili. Thanks for sharing this recipe.

    Carolyn/A Southerners Notebook

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the size of these cute muffins and they sound yummy as well come see what I shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete