Thursday, September 22, 2011

Glorious Morning Muffins

Sometimes I spend a lot of time looking at my cookbooks and cooking magazines trying to decide which recipe I want to make next, but I didn't have to search far to find today's Glorious Morning Muffin recipe. One day as I was throwing away an empty Gold Medal unbleached flour bag, this recipe caught my eye. It was printed on the back of the package, so I cut it out, saved it, and it's now a favorite recipe.



This recipe has some wonderful ingredients. You won't believe all the goodness that goes into these muffins.


In addition to the regular ingredients these muffins contain carrots, apples, raisins, coconut, and sliced almonds. That's a lot of good munching.


Glorious Morning Muffins
2 eggs
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups unbleached flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups shredded carrots (2 to 3 medium)
1 cup shredded peeled apple
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup raisins
3/4 cup sliced almonds, divided

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place paper baking cups in each of 18 regular-size muffin cups, or grease with shortening or cooking spray.
In a large bowl, beat eggs, oil, milk, and vanilla with wire whisk until well blended. Add flour, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in carrots, apple, coconut, raisins and 1/2 cup of the almonds.
Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup almonds over batter. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan.



This recipe makes a big batch of 18 muffins. The last muffin recipe I baked and posted about was a good fruit-filled recipe, Apricot-Pineapple Muffins. Those muffins had a great taste, but weren't very pretty.



These Glorious Morning Muffins are a favorite of mine because they have both a great taste and a nice presentation.


7 comments:

  1. Hi Anita! These would be a perfect addition to Foodie Friday! Please come back and link up. The pumpkin cake too! Hope you've had a great week! http://notyourordinaryrecipes.blogspot.com/2011/09/foodie-friday-5-and-wheelie-good-pasta.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anita, Thanks for these great hearty muffins! They would be great about 10:30 am with a cup of coffee~as I am not a big breakfast eater.
    I have a friend who would love these... I'm thinking about making them and putting them in a pretty basket for her!
    YUMMY! I hope you share these at ON THE MENU MONDAY.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. M-m-m-m, I love a good muffin & these look like they fit the bill!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for coming back! I'm so glad you linked these to Foodie Friday! The almonds are what get me... yummy!

    http://www.homesandbabies.com
    http://notyourordinaryrecipes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower. Glad I found you. Your site is great. Wonderful recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look delicious - perfect for a quick breakfast during the work week. Thanks for sharing on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    ReplyDelete