Monday, September 19, 2011

Rocky Road Cheesecake

This delicious Rocky Road Cheesecake has it all -  chocolate, peanuts, marshmallows - and it's a no-bake version. It took practically no time to put this pie together this morning and get it into the refrigerator to chill.





The recipe for this pie comes from Kraft Philadelphia Classic Recipes cookbook. I found this little cookbook when I was in Little Rock last week and went to the book fair at school with Ginger and Charlie. I couldn't see any point in going to a book fair without buying a cookbook, especially after noting that this one was exclusively cream cheese recipes.



Rocky Road Cheesecake
3 squares semi-sweet baking chocolate, divided
2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk
2 cups thawed Cool Whip whipped topping
3/4 cup miniature marshmallows
1/3 cup chopped cocktail peanuts
1 Oreo pie crust (6 ounces)

Microwave 1 of the chocolate squares in a small microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 minute; stir until chocolate is completely melted. Set aside. Beat cream cheese, sugar, and milk in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add melted chocolate; mix well. Gently stir in whipped topping, marshmallows, and peanuts. Coarsely chop remaining 2 chocolate squares; stir into cream cheese mixture. Spoon into crust. Refrigerate 4 hours or until set. Garnish as desired. Store leftover cheesecake in refrigerator.




I sprinkled the top of the pie with chocolate jimmies, then chilled before serving. Top with a little Cool Whip and serve.





13 comments:

  1. I need your address! :-) Looks soooooo good ~ and easy too.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your cheesecake looks so good! I wish I could have some right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I think I could eat this whole thing! YUM! I hope you can link up to Crazy Sweet Tuesday tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hubby will love this...looks so creamy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks and sounds delicious! It will be on my "to make" list :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so delicious! Would love for you to link it up tomorrow at Sweet Temptations. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my word, this looks dangerous! Wow, this wouldn't last long in our fridge. Thanks for linking to Foodie Friday too!

    http://www.homesandbabies.com
    http://notyourordinaryrecipes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this - It looks so addicting. Yum! Thanks for sharing with Sweets This Week.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks yummy! I love marshmallows in anything! Thanks for sharing on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Anita,
    This is a wonderful Cheese Cake with that great Rocky Road flavor. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a great week!
    Come Back Soon,
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete