Monday, October 17, 2011

Two Awards

I am the honored recipient of TWO blogging awards today. When I first started blogging I never imagined that more than a handful of people would read my blog, so it amazes me that I have so many wonderful blog followers and that so many kind people leave comments every day.


The Liebster Blog Award was given to me by two awesome bloggers, Andi at The Wednesday Baker and Denise at The Bread Fairy. Many thanks to Andi and Denise. They tell me that in German "Liebster" means "dear" and the verb "Lieber" is "to love", and that the purpose of this award is to bring attention to blogs with less than 200 followers. It certainly does make me feel "dearly loved" to receive this award. The rules that go with receiving this award are:

1.  Thank your giver
2.  Copy and paste the "Liebster" award to your blog
3.  Pay it forward to 5 blogs who you feel deserve this either by email or post to their blog.

The 5 blogs that I enjoy and feel are deserving of the Liebster Award are:

Kitty's Kozy Kitchen
Baking Me
The Kitchen is My Playground
Effie's Recipe Box
Suzy Homemaker

I hope you'll check out these 5 great blogs and see some of the great things they are doing.


And if that isn't exciting enough, Michael Ann at The Big Green Bowl has honored me with The Versatile Blogger Award. Thanks so much Michael Ann.

 


The rules for the Versatile Blogger Award are:

1.  Thank the blogger who awarded you and link back to them.
2.  Share 7 things about yourself
3.  Pass the award along to 15 other newly discovered blogs.

So here are the 7 things you may not know about me:
1.  I would rather read a book than watch TV.
2.  I was raised on a dairy farm.
3.  I am very soft-spoken and non-assertive.
4.  I like pretty clothes, but I'd rather buy dishes.
5.  I think a good cup of coffee starts the day off right.
6.  I must have been cooking all my life because I can remember baking a cake when I was 7-years-old.
7.  I know some of my ancestors came from Wales.

And the best part - 15 blogs to honor with the Versatile Blogger Award:

From Grandma Loy's Kitchen
The Sporadic Cook
Sweet on You
Dulce Dough
My Kitchen Adventures
Happy Home Blog
Everyday Insanity
Shop Girl
Gluten Free A - Z
Life of a Foodie and Her Family
Big Bear's Wife
Art by ASM
The Bread Fairy
The Kitchen Cookie
Not Your Ordinary Recipes

It is a lot of fun to receive an award, but even more fun to pass one on to someone else. I enjoy visiting all these sites and have made some wonderful blogging friends. Thanks to all for making my day.

13 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Anita, thank you so much for awarding me the Liebster Award! I truly feel so honored!!! Thank you, my dear blogging friend, from the bottom of my heart. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, first of all ... Congrats to you!! :) That's wonderful you were honored with two awards!! Yay!!!
    WOW, Anita!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart! This is the first award I have received and I couldn't be more excited!!! I can not wait to spread the love!
    Jade C. @ Effie's Recipe Box

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my excitement, I forgot to congratulate you on receiving two awards!!! Woo-hoo & hooray to you, Anita!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, that's sweet of you! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the award and I can't wait to pass it on. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you and congrats to you! Can't wait to browse your lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much! I appreciate it! I will definitely do the same! HUGS TO YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to you Anita, and I am honored that you passed an award on to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Anita! Thank you for the award. I really enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So kind, thank you so much for this honor.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Anita! You're an awesome lady and definitely deserved the duo awards!!! Nice yummy new recipe posts too! xo NYOA

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anita,
    Being a relatively new( ish) blogger, I am beyond thrilled that you recognized my blog with an award. My first!! Thank you so much!! Congrats to you on your two well deserved awards. You have an awesome blog.

    ReplyDelete