10/12/11

White Chocolate Macadamia Cupcakes

The Favorite Brand Name Cake Mix Cookbook simply calls this recipe White Chocolate Macadamia Cupcakes. It takes two of the plainest baking products and transforms them with some wonderful additions. In my opinion, a more appropriate name might have been "Cinderella Cupcakes" because products that make a very unadorned dessert, a simple white cake mix and a can of white frosting, get transformed and are dressed up fancy enough to be served at a ball.



White Chocolate Macadamia Cupcakes
1 package (18.25 ounces) white cake mix, plus ingredients to prepare mix
1 package (4 serving size) white chocolate instant pudding mix
3/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 container (16 ounces) white frosting

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 20 standard muffin pan cups with paper baking cups.
Prepare cake mix according to package directions, beating in pudding mix with cake mix ingredients. Fold in nuts. Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove to racks; cool completely. 
Meanwhile, spread coconut evenly on ungreased baking sheet; bake at 350 degrees F for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until light golden brown. Cool completely.
Place white chocolate chips in a small microwavable bowl; microwave 2 minutes on MEDIUM (50%), stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth. Cool slightly before stirring into frosting. Frost cupcakes; sprinkle with toasted coconut. Makes 20 cupcakes.



Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.


Melt 1 cup of white chocolate chips to blend with a can of regular white frosting to step up the frosting flavor.


The cupcakes have white chocolate pudding mix added to the cake mix along with macadamia nuts. The frosting has white chocolate chips melted and blended into the white frosting. The cupcakes are then topped with toasted coconut.


I wish there was a way for me to photograph TASTE.


13 comments:

  1. I was going to make White Chocolate Macadamia nut cookies but now I am thinking I am going to make these instead! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just imagine the richness those melted chips add to the frosting. What a great cupcake without much fuss. YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What delicious looking and no fuss cupcakes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look very good! I love using toasted coconut to top desserts, so pretty!
    Thanks for sharing. Stopping by from Something Swanky!
    Willa

    ReplyDelete
  5. My hubby loves white chocolate macadamia cookies. I hadn't even thought about doing cupcakes. I like the idea. Although I will want to modify it to be more from scratch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love macadamias. Never tried these. Will def be making them. They look really good. Hope they come out as good as yours. Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anita, this is a great flavor combination. I just love the macadamias. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you are having a great week and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  8. These sound delish! I love how they are made too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is my husband's favorite cookie flavor combo. I'm sure he would love these cupcakes. I'm definitely adding to my to-do list. Thanks for sharing on Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great way to dress-up a cake mix! I am always looking for good ways to do that. Thanks for sharing on Crazy Sweet Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is awesome! I am obsessed with the cake mix expansion ideas!

    Thanks so much for linking up to MomTrends this week! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness! I love white chocolate macadamia cookies ~ I can only imagine these are just as delicious!

    Stopping by from Sweet Indulgences ~ super late!

    ReplyDelete