Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Sausage Balls

Sausage Balls are an appetizer that most everyone loves, and this recipe is an extra yummy one with the addition of cream cheese. I made these over the weekend for a party, and they didn't last long. This is a recipe to hang on to.



Sausage Balls
1 pound hot sausage
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 cups Bisquick
4 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine sausage, cream cheese, and Bisquick; mix together until well combined. Add cheddar cheese, stir until blended. Form into 1-inch balls and place on prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 20 - 25 minutes. Can be served hot or at room temperature.


Combine the sausage, cream cheese and Bisquick.

Stir together until well combined.

Blend in the cheddar cheese.


Form into 1-inch balls and place on a baking sheet.

Bake for 20 - 25 minutes.




You have to try these Sausage Balls, they were gone in no time at the party. I probably should have made two batches.


11 comments:

  1. I'm a fan of this recipe - very good when you've got to come up with something quick for a get-together. A few ways I've tweaked it in the past:
    > Add some jalapenos - because they're awesome!
    > Roll the sausage balls in panko and deep fry them - because crusty deep-fried goodness!
    > Dippin' sauces - because everything's better when dipped!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this recipe! Will make a great appetizer for a party. Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've made these for years but not with the cream cheese. Thanks for a new twist to an old favorite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound perfect for the Super Bowl. I've never made them with cream cheese, but I'll bet they'd taste even yummier!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anita - these look soooo good! I've made a similar recipe, but without the cream cheese. Since I'm a cream cheese nut - these've gotta be better than what I remember. So glad you shared...thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look delicious! Great idea for party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sausage balls have been a favorite in my home for many years. I had a roommate in college from KY that got me hooked on them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made these last night and we had them for dinner (with a salad). LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What self-respecting Southern gal doesn't understand the importance of sausage balls! These are wonderful and thanks for sharing the recipe. Will probably use in a solar demonstration because folks always have their hands out for tastes. BTW, I've noticed many bloggers are doing the listing thing after sharing recipes instead of long pictures. Is that a special linky, or what? Would love to do it, too, and share other's blogs. Come visit when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't know these could be improved upon...but CREAM CHEESE! Count me IN!

    ReplyDelete