2/13/12

Blueberry Crown Muffins

After the recent Macaroni and Cheese disaster I felt that I needed to make something good for Ginger and Charlie before I ended my visit with them. Since they are both blueberry lovers I baked them some blueberry muffins for breakfast to redeem myself.




Blueberry Crown Muffins 
2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup plus 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon grated orange zest
1 cup fresh blueberries

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a standard muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray or use paper liners. In a large bowl, whisk flour, 3/4 cup of sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, oil, and orange zest. Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients; stir just until combined. Fold in blueberries. Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan; sprinkle with the remaining 4 tablespoons sugar. Bake for 23 - 25 minutes, until crowned and lightly browned. Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack. Makes 12 muffins.


Mix the dry ingredients and wet ingredients in separate bowls, then combine.


Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan; sprinkle with sugar before baking.


Bake muffins for 23 - 25 minutes in preheated oven.


Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack. These are quick, easy and tasty Blueberry Muffins not requiring any special ingredients.





8 comments:

  1. These look great--quick and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet the kids forgave you for the mac and cheese disaster once they had these muffins. They look very tasty indeed! I love the idea of putting them in those decorated liners for kids for added fun! Thanks for sharing these on my party Anita!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound wonderful, Anita! I love the idea of orange zest in them. So many recipes call for lemon, but I would like these better...mmmm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm! You make such yummy things! Thanks for linking up!!
    -Melissa
    PS- I have an award I'm passing on to you, keep a lookout for the post tomorrow (I still haven't finished writing it, I'm having more fun checking out everyone else's stuff!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love blueberry muffins and knowing that blueberries are so healthy makes them taste even better. Thanks for sharing at our Link It Up Thursday party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there! You really cook some yummy stuff. Thank you for linking to Foodie Friday! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anita,
    These look like they would sure make up the difference for the Mac N Cheese. They look so warm and inviting, great recipe. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a great week end.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete