Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Cream Cheese Biscuits

I usually think of biscuits as a breakfast food, but I baked these biscuits for dinner tonight. These Cream Cheese Biscuits are good at any meal, any time of day. The recipe I used has been adapted from Cooks Country Magazine.





Cream Cheese Biscuits
4 ounces cream cheese (cut into cubes and frozen for 30 minutes)
4 tablespoons butter (cut into cubes and frozen for 30 minutes)
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups cake flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup plus 1 tablespoon buttermilk

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper. In the bowl of a food processor, combine the cream cheese, butter, both flours, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Pulse until all is combined and resembles coarse meal. Pour the mixture into a large bowl and add the buttermilk; stir with a wooden spoon until combined. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead until dough comes together. Shape dough into an 8-inch by 6-inch rectangle. Cut into biscuits and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 12 - 15 minutes until golden brown.




Combine all ingredients except buttermilk in a food processor. Pulse until combined.


After buttermilk has been incorporated, knead the dough on a floured surface.


Shape the dough into an 8-inch by 6-inch rectangle.


Cut out the biscuits and place on the prepared parchment paper lined pan.



Bake for 12 - 15 minutes.





This recipe makes 6 large biscuits. Add a little butter or jelly and you're all set for yummy.








11 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever had biscuits with cream cheese in them, but yours look mouthwatering. I bet they are really nice with jelly. Thanks for sharing the recipe Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious!!! I've got to make them sometime! I could eat one with some apple butter just about now. :)
    Blessings,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have exactly 4 oz of cream cheese in the fridge just waiting for this recipe. These look delicious! Can't wait to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just pinned this so I can find it when our cow freshens and I can make cream cheese again. They look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful biscuits, and as you wrote - they're great with every meal :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can only imagine what the cream cheese does to biscuits. I agree. I could eat these, morning, noon and night.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would never have thought to add cream cheese but I bet that makes these awesome. Thanks so much for sharing at our party today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your biscuits would have gotten my grannies approval, that's saying a lot. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Anita,
    I can almost taste these awesome biscuits, they look delicious!
    Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you have a great week end and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  10. These sound really good, Anita! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhh I need to head out to the store for cream cheese to make these... looks sooooo good.

    ReplyDelete