Saturday, February 25, 2012

Mission Organization: Week 8 - My Bakeware

My Mission Organization project for this week was to organize my bakeware so that I could access it more easily. After all, I reach for these items every day, and having them handy just makes sense. My sister and my daughter both have those wonderful cabinets with built-ins that store baking sheets upright. I just love those, but my cabinets, unfortunately, did not have that feature until I gave them a makeover this week.


Here are a couple of my bakeware shelves after the makeover.




This is the way I was storing my bakeware in a lower cabinet. This is not a terrible arrangement, but not accessible either. I was spending my time standing on my head or down on my knees searching for the pan I needed.



I have a couple of these tall narrow pantries on either side of my refrigerator. I decided to try moving my bakeware into one of these.



I didn't even have anything too important in this one to move out.



I kept thinking of how to make my sheet pans and such stand up, so I bought two of these corner shelves.




I turned them sideways and pushed them to the back of the cabinet shelf.




Then I just slid all the sheet pans, muffin pans, and other bakeware into the slots, and it worked.




I am really happy with this new bakeware arrangement. I can see my pans now, and I don't have to stand on my head or crawl around the floor to find the one I want.




10 comments:

  1. What a great job of organizing Anita. I wish I had a big pantry like that. It would make life so much easier in my kitchen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very clever fix! Enjoy your new set-up:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea, Anita! You're so ingenious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea. I might have to try that one myself. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anita, that is one of those why didn't I think of that sooner ideas, isn't it? Good solution to a problem most of us have. ----------- Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doors will be left unlocked, just come on in and help me! Wonderful idea. Looks great andi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea! Since I've had several back surgeries I don't love my low cupboards! I have verticle storage above my fridge, it's great. A well organized kitchen makes one happy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would have never thought of laying a corner shelf on the side. That was a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Checking in again to say thanks for sharing this good idea with us at my party. Have a good week-Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  10. I use these metal shelves for my dishes and they are excellent space savers. This is a super excellent idea for organizing baking pans! Wow! I love it! Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete