Sunday, April 29, 2012

Cheesecake (Cheesecake Factory Copycat)

When I eat out I seldom order a dessert - unless I'm at The Cheesecake Factory, then the temptation to indulge is pretty strong. Since there are no Cheesecake Factory restaurants near where I live, I only occasionally get to enjoy their cheesecake, so I decided to try one of the copycat recipes that is floating around. The one I used is adapted from the Food site and is for a basic cheesecake that can be garnished to your liking. This cheesecake has a wonderful crust made with vanilla wafers and three kinds of nuts, and the recipe can be doubled if you like a thicker, more substantial crust. This cheesecake is delicious and satisfied my yearning for a wonderful dessert until I can get back to The Cheesecake Factory again.




Cheesecake (Cheesecake Factory copycat)

Crust
1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
1/4 cup finely chopped almonds
1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
3/4 cup (about 22 cookies) finely chopped vanilla wafers
2 tablespoons melted butter
Combine pecans, almonds, walnuts, and vanilla wafers in a medium bowl, add melted butter and mix well. Press mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch buttered springform pan. Set aside.

Filling
(All ingredients should be at room temperature before you begin.)
3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
1 1/3 cups sugar
5 large eggs
1/4 cup flour
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons lemon juice
16 ounces sour cream
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Keeping the mixer on a low speed, add the sugar a little at a time and continue beating until creamy. Add one egg at a time and beat after each egg. After eggs are mixed in, add flour, vanilla, and lemon juice; mix well. Add sour cream and beat well. Pour the mixture into the prepared crust. Place on the top rack in the middle of preheated oven, bake for one hour and 15 minutes. When baking time is up, turn off heat, prop oven door open, and leave cheesecake in oven for one additional hour. After one hour remove from oven and allow to cool, then refrigerate for 24 hours so the cheesecake can season. The wait allows the flavor to become enriched.
May be served with whipped topping or other garnishment of choice.



I used my food processor to finely chop the pecans, almonds, and walnuts for the crust.


I also chopped the vanilla wafers in the food processor.


Press the mixture of nuts and vanilla wafers in a buttered springform pan.



Pour the filling into the prepared crust. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.



After the baking time has elapsed, open the oven door and leave the cheesecake in the oven for an additional hour. Refrigerate 24 hours before serving.


Serve with whipped topping or as desired.






11 comments:

  1. Waht a delicious cheesecake! Great idea and presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looooove cheesecake! Yours look like a delicious treat, Anita. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! You and me both...I LOVE cheesecake....I do need a dessert today....the rhubarb cake is gone now. I don't have a food processor though. I had one but it broke and I kept wondering if I really needed one...hmmm....maybe I do? LOL!
    Thanks Anita....it looks so scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, yum, yum! I absolutely love the Cheesecake Factory but we never go there. But I do get a slice (or 3) to go every once in awhile and I'm so excited to have this recipe! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheesecake is the food of the gods and this recipe..OMG!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, Anita, another fabulous cheesecake from you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, so scrumptious! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, I love the cheesecake factory - but not their prices! This looks perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the idea of using vanilla wafers for the crust instead of Graham crackers like I use. I will need to try this very soon. It looks delicious!! Thanks for sharing it at Your Cozy Home Party.--Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks so good! I love the cheescake factory..and love that this is a taste alike!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks incredible - I really want to go to a Cheesecake Factory, but I've yet to find one :(

    Stopping by from Crazy Sweet Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete