This is the terrible pile that I started with. Some of the manuals are in folders, some are just stacked loose, and none of them are in any kind of order. I decided that I needed a container to put the files in, rather than just have them in a stack, so I located this box.
The width of this box was perfect for file folders, but it was too tall, so I used my kitchen shears and cut it down to a shorter height. I also used packing tape across the bottom to make sure it would stay sturdy.
I wanted to try covering the box with fabric, so I used two colors of cotton and a spray adhesive. My inspiration for the project came from Jen at I Heart Organizing. I started with the inside of the box on the bottom and worked by rolling each piece of fabric up and spraying the adhesive a little at a time, then unrolling the fabric to cover that section. After the inside was complete, I started the outside of the box, and again started with the bottom.
When the box was finished it was covered both inside and outside completely in fabric. I also added some ribbon embellishment. I used hot glue to hold my bow together.
With the file box finished, now I can get all those product manuals in some kind of order!
After sorting through the stack, this is all I had to throw away, so the rest of it went into the new file box.
I labeled each folder and filed it in the box, then I moved the box to a different cabinet. The cabinet above the microwave was too small for my new box. I love the look of the new file box, and I'm so glad to finally have all these manuals in order.