Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Roasted Rosemary Potatoes

Potatoes are a staple at our house, and there is no end to the ways they can be prepared. Here's a simple recipe for roasting them that is tasty, easy, and sure to please the family. This recipe is one that I have adapted from McCormick.






Roasted Rosemary Potatoes
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons Rosemary leaves, finely crushed
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 1/2 pounds small red potatoes, cut in halves or thirds

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Prepare a sheet pan by lining with aluminum foil and spraying with cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine olive oil, paprika, Rosemary, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Add potatoes; toss well to coat. Arrange potatoes in a single layer on the prepared pan. Bake for 45 minutes or until potatoes are cooked tender, stirring potatoes occasionally during the cooking time.



Wash and drain the small red potatoes, then cut into halves or thirds to make the pieces a uniform size.




Toss the potatoes in the olive oil mixture, then arrange in a single layer on a sheet pan.


Serve them up in their golden brown goodness.





20 comments:

  1. I've been craving potatoes and love rosemary-sounds great:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, these look so easy and tasty. Roasted potatoes are always a favorite in my house! Can't wait for the Rosemary from my garden! Thanks for sharing.
    -Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very simple recipe but very tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the flavor of Rosemary and these look so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The final picture actually made me salivate! I do a similar one, but instead of black pepper, I use a heavy sprinkling of Lemon Pepper.
    Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love rosemary and I love potatoes...what more can I say? I just so happen to have fresh rosemary growing outside too! A marriage made in heaven! Thanks Anita!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love rosemary and red potatoes - so perfect together!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks yummy...thank you for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man, Anita, I am sooo wanting those potatoes right now! Should NOT read food blogs right before going to bed...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simple and yummy. I need to use up some potatoes. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Anita,
    Your recipe looks awesome. Hope you have a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would like to insert a Homer Simpson drooly picture here because that's pretty much what I'm doing. I love these baby potatoes and crispy and rosemary and mmmmmm. Looks awesome Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Potato's are looking very good........andi

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look so good. You really got a perfect brown color on them. I just planted so rosemary, I am going to keep this recipe in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shannon@Cozy Home ScenesMay 1, 2012 at 2:49 PM

    You've made me hungry by showing those delicious potatoes!! I make these quite often because the whole family loves them. I like to make them with thyme , also. You are probably like me and experiment with different combinations of herbs. Rosemary gives a wonderful flavor to wake up a plain old potato. Thanks, Anita for sharing these at my party.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for linking up this great recipe @CountryMommaCooks link and great party. Hope to see you again tomorrow:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another goodie! I am getting so hungry checking out the links - and it is breakfast time here! Have a good week, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have been on the hunt for rosemary infused inspiration and have included these scrummy looking potatoes in my post on wonderful ways with rosemary - Alice @ Mums Make Lists

    ReplyDelete