Monday, July 16, 2012

Battling the Stone

Just a note to let all my friends know that I will be out of the kitchen for a bit. I'm dealing with a kidney stone and infection that have zapped my energy. After a little R & R, I hope to be back to cooking and baking and posting on a regular schedule.

I need to publicly apologize to my computer chair, as I have been blaming it for my back pain in recent weeks. I was ready to replace the chair when the fever and chills came on, and I found out it wasn't the chair's fault at all.

In the meantime, please use the Recipe Index and enjoy the recipes that are already posted. As always, I'll be looking through my cookbooks and magazines for new recipes to try. When this stone and I have finished the battle, I'll be back!

Best regards,
Anita

Lilies 2012

19 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you are sick! Get better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! Take care, hope it clears up soon:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry you're under the weather Anita. Wishing you a speedy recovery....Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear! I hope you recover quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no. I hope you feel better soon Anita. I know those can be so painful. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry! I understand that is quite painful. Wish I were closer, I'd help out. Take good care!

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anita, I am so sorry! I've had kidney stones and they are no fun at all!!! Take care and drink lots of water (followed by lots of pain meds) =o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband went through this and he was in a lot of pain! I hope you're feeling better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had a kidney stone 15 years ago and the pain was out of this world. It would come and go often and never on a schedule of coarse. Worse pain ever I would rather give birth to ten times over, but then this will pass as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, poor dear! I totally am empathetic with your pain, Anita, as I've dealt with kidney stones twice. There's nothing like it!! I pray that you will be pain-free soon. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know you are in my prayers for a speedy recovery. Maybe this will give me time to catch up with all your wonderful recipes! I hope this finds you on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anita,
    Hope it passes quickly and you are back to normal and feeling fine. My prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Anita sending hugs your way, for a speedy recovery. Thinking of you Andi thewednesdaybaker

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you feel better soon. Thank you so much for following Carole's Chatter. I am now following you too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Feel better soon!

    Bean in FLA

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anita-

    I knew something must have happened! I've been missing your sweet comments... :(

    I've had several kidney stones...worse than childbirth!

    You take good care. My nutritionist recommended lemon juiced in water each morning to prevent stones. Caffeine was the culprit of mine to the tune of a pot of coffee a day. I was in grad school back then...

    I truly hope you feel better...
    N

    ReplyDelete
  17. God willing, I pray for your speediest recovery!

    ReplyDelete