Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Double Delight Chocolate Chip Cookies

If there's one thing that I absolutely shouldn't be left alone with in a room, it's cookies. I must admit that I'm a cookie muncher, and I love Chocolate Chip Cookies. I have previously shared a favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe on the blog, and when I did a reader commented that the recipe was very similar to the one her grandmother always made, with one exception. She said her grandmother made her Chocolate Chip Cookies a little differently than most - she used a mixture of regular chocolate chips and white chocolate chips in her cookies. When I heard that idea, I knew it was one I would have to try. If one kind of chocolate chips is good, then two kinds of chips have to be twice as good!



I took my tried and true Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe and added the two kinds of chips suggested by my reader, and the cookies are wonderful! Since the reader was an anonymous commenter, I don't even know who to thank for this suggestion!



Print Recipe

Double Delight Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2/3 cup (10 2/3 tablespoons) butter, softened
2/3 cup shortening (Crisco)
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
6 ounces white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare a sheet pan with parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugars, butter, shortening, eggs, and vanilla; mix until well creamed. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt to the mixture; mix until combined. Stir the chips into the dough. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart on prepared pan. Bake until light brown, about 8 to 10 minutes. Cool slightly; remove from pan to a cooling rack.


Give an ordinary cookie recipe a new twist by adding two kinds of chips.


I like to bake on parchment paper, but these cookies can be baked on an ungreased baking sheet if you prefer.


Be sure not to over bake, let cookies cool for a few minutes, then remove from pan to a cooling rack.


This recipe will make more than 4 dozen yummy cookies, so if you don't want that much temptation around, the recipe can be easily halved (but I never do!).

8 comments:

  1. Ooh, doubly good, Anita! I'll have to try that, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum! Twice the goodness. I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I often use a combination of chips in cookies. Milk, semi sweet, white. All are delicious. These cookies look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anita,
    What a great idea to add two kinds of Chocolate, this looks like an awesome cookie. Hope you are having a great week and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeh! I love your thinking...and your cookies look perfect! So glad you linked these up at Weekend Potluck. I'm a cookie Monster (& Muncher too!). =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! Those sound and look yummy! Cookies are my favorite and I love chocolate chip! thank you....I'm off to bake land!

    ReplyDelete