Monday, October 15, 2012

A Sweet Welcome Home

Yesterday I came home to a sweet surprise. I had been gone to Texas for a couple of family celebrations over the weekend. I drove down with my mother last week so we could attend a baby shower for my niece Jena and a 30th birthday party for my nephew John.

When I am at home I typically pick up my grandson Landon after school each day and bring him home with me until his mother comes home from work. While I was out of town his granddad filled in as the after school ride.

Landon has spent a lot of time helping out in my kitchen after school and during the summers, so he knows his way around the pantry. While granddad was watching TV on Friday afternoon, Landon decided that he would make up a surprise for me. I'm not really sure how many ingredients he found to use in his original recipe, but he had this creation in my refrigerator for me when I returned home on Sunday.


I was quite impressed with his attention to detail and making a nice presentation! I believe that at age seven Landon may be well on his way to creating some unique dishes. I can't really give Landon's recipe, because only he knows the ingredients, but I'm told there was part of a loaf of bread missing with the crusts cut off on the counter, and I can see that underneath the marshmallows are mini chips and chocolate syrup, then he has garnished with a few candy melts and made a border with suckers.

That was a very sweet welcome home, Landon!

12 comments:

  1. It looks like all the time with grandma in the kitchen is paying off. He did do a great job on presenation. Maybe you have a little chef in the making! Great job Landon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like there is a chef in the making here. What a nice surprise for you! I'm new here and really like your blog, so I will be looking around now. That's a great tip below about cleaning silver!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a sweet thing to do. I also agree he has a future in food prepartion if he so chooses. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How precious! He really missed you...and such a sweet gift.

    xo
    Pat
    P.S. Next time you come to Texas, please let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is something magical about the grandma and grandchildren relationship. What a joy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now wasn't that the sweetest surprise??!! That just touches my heart and brings tears to eyes, so I know what it must've done to you, Anita!! What a dear boy that Landon is!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. At least he didn't use all the sprinkles again. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, he told me this morning that I had guessed all the ingredients except for the sprinkles that were underneath everything else!

      Delete
    2. Sneaky! He's a promising chef!

      Delete
  8. What a nice surprise for you. I am leaving this week and headed to Houston for the week, come down so we can meet each other. Going to visit my kid Miss Morgan! Andi

    ReplyDelete