3/6/15

Pancakes

This is an often used pancake recipe at my house. They're easy to make and cook up fluffy and light. I typically make them just like the recipe with milk and vinegar, but substituting buttermilk would be great, too. The milk and vinegar are just a quick way to have buttermilk because I don't keep it in the refrigerator all the time.




Pancakes

3/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1 cup all purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg, slightly beaten
2 tablespoons butter, melted

In a measuring cup, combine milk and vinegar; set aside. In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add egg, butter, and milk mixture; stir just until lumps are gone. Heat a greased electric griddle to 375 degrees. Pour batter onto heated surface by about 1/4 cupfuls. Cook until bubbles appear on surface, then flip over with a spatula and brown other side. Serve with butter and syrup or other toppings as desired. Makes about 8 pancakes.

<<<<<>>>>>


This recipe was shared at:
Weekend Potluck


3 comments:

  1. What a great twist to use vinegar, I never thought to do that! These pancakes do look yummy, light and fluffy! I would love for you to share them at my brand new link party Making Memories Mondays going on now! There's a great giveaway too! :-)
    Cathy@threekidsandafish{dot}com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great twist to use vinegar, I never thought to do that! These pancakes do look yummy, light and fluffy! I would love for you to share them at my brand new link party Making Memories Mondays going on now! There's a great giveaway too! :-)
    Cathy@threekidsandafish{dot}com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum–I love pancakes and am overdue for making some! These look so good!

    ReplyDelete