6/9/15

Roasted Red Cabbage

Practically all roasted vegetables are favorites of mine, and Roasted Red Cabbage is no exception. I made this colorful, tasty side dish for dinner tonight, and if it were any easier to make I believe it just might cook itself.

There's no accounting for the way my mind works because this dinner made me think of Cabbage Patch Dolls. They were an extremely sought after item when my daughters were small. In fact, I've heard that sometimes people got into scuffles over them as soon as the store shelves were stocked. Can you still buy a Cabbage Patch Doll? I remember they were very cute, and each one had a distinct look. When I was a child, I loved my Barbie. I think Barbie might just outlive us all. The last time I asked a young girl about dolls, I was told the preference now is American Girl dolls, or am I already behind with the latest fad?




Print Recipe

Roasted Red Cabbage

1 red cabbage
Olive oil
Salt
Black pepper
Garlic powder

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet by lining with aluminum foil, then lightly coat the foil with cooking spray. Cut the cabbage into wedges and place on the prepared pan. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste. Roast in preheated oven for 15 minutes, then turn wedges over and roast an additional 10 minutes, or until edges of cabbage begin to brown.






<<<<<>>>>>

No comments:

Post a Comment